A motorcycle accident can be life-altering for the victim. Unlike other passenger vehicles, motorcycles do not provide the same protection to riders, such as steel frame doors, airbags and seatbelts. Motorcycles are also less stable and less visible than car and often have high performance capabilities. When a motorcycle crashes, the rider’s lack of protection is more likely to cause serious injuries or even death. According to the federal government, per mile traveled in 2019, the number of deaths on motorcycles was nearly 29 times the number in cars.
At the Srai Law Office, our San Joaquin County motorcycle attorneys handle all types of car accident cases in the Central Valley and throughout Southern California. We have built a record of success by helping our injured car accident victims get you the full monetary damages that you deserve. Hiring the best motorcycle accident attorney also allows you to concentrate on the treatment of your injuries without having to worry about the legal aspects of your claim.
Leading Causes of Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Regardless of how safely a motorcyclist rides, accidents are often caused by negligent or reckless drivers. Some of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents in California include:
- Head-on motorcycle collisions. Collisions in which a car or truck crashes into a motorcycle from the front account for more than half of the motorcycle accident fatalities. These head-on crashes generally happen at intersections when the driver of a vehicle runs a red light or stop sign or rushes to beat the light.
- Cars making left turns. Another leading cause of motorcycle crashes is when car make left-hand turns, striking a motorcyclist while he or she is going straight through an intersection, passing the car or trying to overtake the car. Motorcyclists are at an even greater risk for these types of accidents because of their smaller frame and less visibility.
- Driving Under the Influence. Driving under the influence of any type of controlled substance can result in a serious accident because inebriated drivers have slower reaction times and reduced perception.
- Motorcycle lane splitting. Lane splitting is when a motorcyclist drives between rows of stopped or moving vehicles in the same lane. Lane splitting is legal in California, unlike many other states. Although there has long been a debate as to the safety of lane splitting, it can result in serious injuries when a crash occurs as a result.
- Road hazards. Another common cause of motorcycle accidents is road hazards, such as debris, uneven road surface, small objects, cracks, potholes, wet pavement. Although motorcyclists should be careful of these types of hazards, it may be possible to hold the city, county or state legally responsible for failing to properly maintain the roads.
No matter what caused the motorcycle accident you were injured in, the legal team at the Srai Law Office will fight to help you get maximum compensation from all liable parties.
What To Do After a Motorcycle Accident
The steps you immediately take after a motorcycle crash is very important. A serious collision will no doubt leave you disoriented and overwhelmed at the scene. These feeling are common. It is important not to panic, take a deep breath, and take the following steps:
- Try to move to a safe spot away from traffic, if possible
- Call the police to the scene of the accident
- Request an ambulance, if you or anyone else at the scene has been seriously injured
- Document the scene of the accident and your injuries by taking photos and notes
- Gather witness statements and their contact information
You should also contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in San Joaquin County who can help you recover compensation for your injuries and other expenses resulting from the accident.
Common Motorcycle Injuries
The lack of protection provided by a motorcycle can easily leave riders severely injured in an accident. According to the NHTSA, motorcyclists are 26 times more likely to die in a fatal crash and five times more likely to get into an accident.
At the Srai Law Office, our trusted motorcycle accident attorneys have handled cases involving the following injuries:
- Traumatic brain injury and brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Lower extremity injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Road rash and abrasions
Compensation Available in Central Valley Motorcycle Accident Claims
Motorcycle injuries can leave you unable to work for an extended period of time, or even indefinitely depending on the severity of your injuries. This can result in the quick pile up of medical bills and other life expenses, wreaking major financial havoc.
The legal team at the Srai Law Office has the experience to passionately fight to get our injured clients the full compensation they deserve.
Depending on the specific facts of your case, you may be entitled to money damages for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Any out of pocket expenses related to the accident
Call a Central Valley Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, the legal team at the Srai Law Office is ready to help. Our San Joaquin County motorcycle accident lawyers will do whatever it takes to hold the responsible parties accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Please call us at 209-0395-0761 to discuss your case with an expert motorcycle accident attorney or you can fill out our free consultation form.