A motorcycle crash can significantly impact all aspects of the life of the victim and the lives of their loved ones. The lack of protection, such as airbags and seatbelts, can make even the slightest motorcycle collision tragic and fatal for the rider.
At the Srai Law Office, our Stockton motorcycle accident lawyers handle all types of motorcycle accident cases throughout Southern California. We have built a record of success by helping our injured motorcycle accident victims get you the full money damages that you deserve. Hiring an aggressive motorcycle accident law firm also allows you to focus on healing your injuries without having to worry about the legal aspects of your personal injury claim.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Identifying the cause of your motorcycle crash is typically the initial step towards getting the financial compensation you deserve for the injuries you suffered. California is an at-fault state, which means that the driver deemed liable for the collision is responsible for paying the costs of resulting injuries and property damage suffered by other parties involved. One of more parties can share fault for your injuries.
Some common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- A driver. If a reckless or distracted motorist collides into your motorcycle, their insurance carrier may owe you for your resulting damages. Drivers can cause a motorcycle accident by texting, driving drunk, speeding, failing to abide by rules of the road, or ignoring a motorcyclist’s right of way.
- Road defect. Motorcycles are vulnerable to the slightest defect in the road. If your motorcycle accident was caused by a pothole, loose gravel, unsafe construction site, or another roadway defect, you could have a case against the governmental entity that maintains and controls the road.
- Defective vehicle part. If your motorcycle crash was due to a tire blowout, brake failure, electrical problems, or another type of motorcycle defect, the manufacture could be responsible for your financial recover through the laws of product liability.
Regardless of what caused the motorcycle accident resulting in your injuries, the Stockton motorcycle accident attorneys at the Srai Law Office will fight to help you get maximum compensation from all liable parties.
Important Steps To Take After a Motorcycle Crash
What you do or fail to do after a motorcycle accident is very important. A serious crash will no doubt leave you disoriented and overwhelmed at the scene. These feeling are common. However, instead of panicking, you should take a deep breath and consider the following steps:
- Try to move to a safe spot away from traffic, if possible
- Call the police to the scene of the accident
- Request an ambulance, if you or anyone else at the scene has been seriously injured
- Document the scene of the accident and your injuries by taking photos and notes
- Gather witness statements and their contact information
You should also contact the best motorcycle accident attorney near you to help you recover compensation for your injuries and other expenses resulting from the collision.
Common Motorcycle Injuries
The lack of safety and protection in motorcycles easily leaves riders seriously injured in accidents. The NHTSA reports motorcyclists are 26 times more likely to die in a fatal crash and five times more likely to get into an accident than other types of motorists on the road.
At the Srai Law Office, our trusted Stockton motorcycle crash lawyers routinely handle cases involving the following injuries:
- Traumatic brain injury and brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Lower extremity injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Road rash and abrasions
Compensation Available in Central Valley Motorcycle Accident Claims
Motorcycle injuries can leave you unable to work for a long period of time, or even indefinitely depending on the severity of your injuries. This can result in major financial havoc on your life, especially as your medical bills start to pile up.
The motorcycle crash lawyers near you at the Srai Law Office have the experience to aggressively fight to you the full compensation you deserve.
Depending on the specific facts of your case, you may be entitled to money damages for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Any out of pocket expenses related to the accident
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are answers to some common asked questions:
- What injuries can you get from a motorcycle accident?
Head and neck injuries such as concussions or fractures of the skull are by far the most common injuries sparked by motorcycle accidents. Other injuries include:
- Spinal injuries
- Broken ribs
- Broken or amputated limbs
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- How do you recover from a motorcycle accident?
How long it exactly takes you to recover from a motorcycle accident depends on the specific injuries you suffered and the treatment you get. However, in order to recover as quickly as possible, it is important that you take care of your injuries to your best ability.
- What should you do if you or a friend get involve in a motorcycle accident?
The most important step to take immediately after a motorcycle accident is to call 911, even if you feel like your injuries are mild. If you do not get medical attention at the scene of the accident, you should see a medical professional as soon as possible. You should also get law enforcement to come to the scene. Finally, it is important to contact a motorcycle accident law firm.
- Should I hire a motorcycle accident attorney?
Having an experienced Stockton motorcycle accident attorney fighting for you will ensure that you legal rights are protected and that you get the full compensation that you deserve.
Call a Stockton Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, the legal team at the Srai Law Office is ready to help. Our Stockton motorcycle accident lawyers will do whatever it takes to hold the responsible parties accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Please call us at 209-0395-0761 to discuss your case with an expert motorcycle accident attorney or you can fill out our free consultation form.