The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) estimates that 9,560 people died in motor vehicle traffic crashes in the first quarter of 2022. This is an increase of about 7% as compared to 2021. A car accident, however, does not have to be fatal in order for it to significantly impact your life. Injuries resulting from even what seems to be a smaller crash can be life altering.
At the Srai Law Office, our Stockton car accident attorneys handle all types of motor vehicle crash cases in the Stockton area. We have built a record of success by helping our injured car accident victims get the full damages they deserve. Hiring the best lawyer for a car accident also allows you to concentrate on the treatment of your injuries without having to worry about the legal aspects of your claim.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
There are many factors that contribute to car accidents. However, some of the leading causes include:
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Teen driving
- Driving under the influence of controlled substances, such as alcohol
- Driving drowsy
- Street racing
- Improper turns
- Vehicle defects
- Road design defects
No matter what caused the car accident you were injured in, the legal team at the Srai Law Office will fight to help you get full money damages you deserve from all liable parties.
What To Do After a Car Crash
When you get into a car crash, there are certain important steps you should consider taking in order to help make sure you and other parties involved are safe. Taking these steps can also help with your personal injury claim process.
- Check yourself and others for injuries. Call 911 and wait for emergency personnel. If you are seriously injured, try not to move.
- Call the police to the scene of the accident. Whether your accident is considered a minor fender-bender or a major collision, calling the police to file a report is important.
- Exchange information. After you make sure you and your passengers are not seriously injured, exchange contact and insurance information with the other drivers.
- Document the scene of the accident. Take pictures of the scene and your injuries. You should also talk to witnesses and get their information if they witnessed the crash.
If you did not request emergency medical attention at the scene of the crash, it is important that you nevertheless immediately seek medical treatment within 24 hours of the accident. The symptoms of certain injuries may take days to surface, so it is imperative that you get medical attention regardless of whether you feel you were seriously injured or not.
You should also contact an experienced Stockton car wreck attorney to help you hold all parties responsible for their negligence and obtain the full compensation you deserve.
Money Damages Available in Stockton Car Accident Claims
There are two types of compensatory damages available in most car accident claims: “general damages” and “special damages.” General damages are the non-economic damages, commonly referred to as pain and suffering. These are the type of damages that cannot be quantified with bills, invoices and receipts. Special damages are economic damages that can be proven with invoices and receipts.
Depending on the specific facts of your case, you may be entitled to money damages for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Any out of pocket expenses related to the accident
Our car accident lawyers in the San Joaquin County area will work hard to ensure you get the maximum general and special damages you are entitled to from all parties liable for your crash.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Although every motor vehicle crash is different, serious accidents generally result in catastrophic damages and injuries to victims. Some of the most common types of injuries suffered in serious car accidents include:
- Broken or fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injuries and other closed and open head injuries
- Scarring and/or disfigurement
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck and back injuries
- Nerve damage
- Internal bleeding or internal organ damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Call a Stockton Car Accident Attorney Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, the car accident law firm of Srai Law Office is ready to help. Our Stockton car accident lawyers will do whatever it takes to hold the responsible parties accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Please call us at 209-0395-0761 to discuss your case with an expert car accident attorney or you can fill out our free consultation form.