Fresno Personal Injury Lawyer
Any type of accident resulting in serious injuries can significantly impact all aspects of your life. However, when the accident is caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another party, it can be even more emotionally draining and stressful.
The Fresno personal injury attorneys at Srai Law Office have the experience necessary to hold the negligent and reckless parties liable for their actions and get you the full compensation that you deserve. Hiring the best personal injury attorney near you also allows you to focus your medical treatment without having to worry about the legal aspects of your claim.
What Is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
Personal injury claims are legal disputes that involve one party’s negligent or reckless actions causing harm and injuries to another party. The injured party will have the option to file a claim against the other party or their insurance company. If the injured party can prove their claim, they will be entitled to compensation for their past and future medical bills, pain and suffering, and other expenses related to the case.
If the parties are not able to informally settle their case, the injured party can file a lawsuit in a court of law. The lawsuit has to be filed within the statute of limitations or the injured party will be legally barred from seeking damages. The statute of limitation for most personal injury claim is two years from the date of incident. However, depending on the type of case and the specific facts involved, the time frame to file suit may differ.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in the Fresno Area
The Fresno personal injury attorneys at the Srai Law Office handle all types of accident claims. Our legal expertise provides us with what it takes to successfully handle your claim and maximize the value of your damages. It is our goal to get you and all of our injured clients the legal protection you deserve.
Our personal injury team can handle all types of personal injury claims, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accident
- Train accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Construction site accidents
- Wrongful death accidents
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Elder abuse
- Medical malpractice
- Catastrophic accidents
Regardless of what type of accident you were injured in, we aggressively fight to get the full compensation you deserve for the injuries you have suffered.
Damages Available in Personal Injury Cases
The most common category of damages for personal injury claims is compensatory damages. The value and amount of damages available when you file a personal injury claim depend on the specific facts of your case.
There are two types of compensatory damages: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages, also known as special damages, include any type of financial loss you have incurred because of your injury. Some examples of economic damages you may be entitled to include:
- Past and future medical expense
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Out of pocket expenses, which is generally a catch-all category of economic damages
Non-economic damages, or general damages, will compensate you for the “pain and suffering” you experienced as a result of the accident. Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish, such as severe depression, chronic anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
The Srai Law Office is a plaintiff’s personal injury law firm dedicated to helping our injured clients get maximum compensation they deserve. Our legal team is passionate about pursing justice on behalf of our injured clients.
What To Do If You Are Injured In an Accident
The steps you take or fail to take after an accident can significantly impact the outcome of your claim, and even the recovery of the injuries you suffered.
Below are some important steps you should consider after an accident:
- Call 911. You should immediately call 911 if you or anyone else is seriously injured in the accident.
- Get immediate medical treatment. It is important that you get immediate medical care and treatment, even if you believe you are ok upon leaving the scene of accident. Symptoms of certain medical conditions, such as a head injury, may not surface until days or even weeks later.
- Get pertinent information from the scene of the accident. You should gather as much evidence from the scene of accident as possible. This includes taking pictures, getting contact information from all parties and witnesses, and filing an incident report. These key pieces of information will be important evidence in proving your case.
- Hire an experienced Fresno personal injury attorney. Insurance companies train their adjusters to contact accident victims as soon as possible after an accident, before they have time to consult with an attorney. Speaking to an insurance adjuster without the presence of a lawyer can impact your case because you might inadvertently give them information that hurts your case.
Call a Fresno Personal Injury Accident Attorney Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, the legal team at the Srai Law Office is ready to help. Our Fresno personal injury lawyers will do whatever it takes to hold the responsible parties accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Please call us at 209-0395-0761 to discuss your case with an expert personal injury attorney or you can fill out our free consultation form.