Fresno Car Accident Attorney
Car accidents are a fact of life. Chances are that at some point in your life, you will get into an accident, regardless of how careful of a driver you are behind the wheel. An accident can significantly impact your life – especially if you are injured. It can leave you overwhelmed and stressed. The last thing you want to do is attempt to navigate the legal aspects of your claim on your own while trying to deal with your injuries. This is exactly why you need an experienced accident attorney by your side to handle your personal injury case, while allowing you to concentrate on your medical treatment.
At the Srai Law Office, our Fresno car accident lawyers handle all types of motor vehicle accident cases. We have built a record of success by helping our injured clients get the full compensation they deserve. Hiring the best lawyer for a car accident also allows you to concentrate on the treatment of your injuries without having to worry about the legal aspects of your claim.
Leading Causes of Car Accidents
Every year, thousands of car crashes happen in the Fresno area and other parts of California. Unfortunately, reckless or negligent behaviors on the parts of drivers contribute to most of these collisions. Below are some of the leading causes of car accidents:
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Teen driving
- Driving under the influence of controlled substances, such as alcohol
- Driving drowsy
- Street racing
- Improper turns
- Vehicle defects
- Road design defects
Regardless of what caused the car accident you were injured in, the Fresno car accident attorneys at the Srai Law Office are ready to fight for your rights and help you get full money damages you deserve from all liable parties.
Important Steps To Take After a Car Crash
There are certain important steps you need to take after a car accident to help ensure you and other parties involved are safe. Taking these steps can also significantly impact the outcome of your personal injury claim and the ultimate compensation you obtain from the at-fault parties.
- Check yourself and others for injuries. Call 911 and wait for emergency personnel. If you are seriously injured, it is best that you do not move.
- Call the police to report the accident. Whether your accident is a minor fender-bender or a major t-bone crash, you need to file an accident report with the local law enforcement agency, even if they don’t come to the scene of collision.
- Exchange pertinent information with all parties involved. After you make sure you and your passengers are not seriously injured, exchange contact and insurance information with the other drivers. You should also take pictures of any information exchanged.
- Document the scene of the accident. Take pictures of the scene and your injuries. You should also talk to witnesses and get their information if they witnessed the crash.
If emergency personnel do not come to the scene of the crash to provide medical aid, it is important that you nevertheless seek immediate medical treatment within the next 24 hours. Even if you don’t feel you were seriously injured, you should know that symptoms of certain injuries may take days to surface. As such, it is important that you get medical attention regardless of whether you feel you were seriously injured or not.
You should also contact an experienced Fresno car accident attorney to help you hold all parties responsible for their negligence and obtain the full compensation you deserve.
Monetary Compensation Available in Fresno Car Accident Claims
There are two types of compensatory damages available in most car accident claims: “general damages” and “special damages.” General damages are any type of damages that you will not be able to prove with bills, invoices or receipts. The most common example of non-economic damages include pain and suffering and emotional trauma. Special damages are economic damages that can be proven with invoices and receipts, such as medical bills.
Depending on the specific facts of your case, you may be entitled to money damages for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Any out of pocket expenses related to the accident
Common Injuries Resulting From Car Accidents
A car accident can cause many different injuries to virtually any part of your body, depending on how the crash happened.
- Broken or fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injuries and other closed and open head injuries
- Scarring and/or disfigurement
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck and back injuries
- Nerve damage
- Internal bleeding or internal organ damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Call a Fresno Car Accident Attorney Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness, the car accident law firm of Srai Law Office is ready to help. Our Fresno car accident lawyers will do whatever it takes to hold the responsible parties accountable and get you the compensation you deserve.
Please call us at 209-0395-0761 to discuss your case with an expert car accident attorney or you can fill out our free consultation form.