If you are facing criminal charges, it is imperative that you immediately find effective legal representation. Even if you think the facts of your case are not in your favor, having the best possible criminal representation can mean the difference between jail time and probation, or having your life and reputation destroyed with a felony or misdemeanor conviction that could have been avoided.
Penalties of a California Criminal Charge
The consequences of a criminal conviction can significantly impact all aspects of your life. Below are some of the consequences you may face if you are convicted of a crime in California:
- Jail or prison
- Large fines
- Loss of professional license
- Loss of employment and inability to obtain employment
- Registration as an offender for life
- Deportation, depending on the facts of your case
While not all criminal convictions are avoidable, you will increase the likelihood of successfully fighting a criminal charge or reducing your sentencing if you hire the right attorney to represent you.
Why You Need an Aggressive Central Valley Criminal Defense Attorney
Although every case is different, all cases can either be defended or have the penalties and sentencing reduced. There is always hope. However, to effectively fight the criminal charges against you, you need to hire an experienced and aggressive criminal defense lawyer to fight for your rights. A good attorney knows the law surrounding your charges and the defenses necessary to get you out of the situation.
Characteristics of an Effective Criminal Defense Attorney
You will have many choices when it comes to hiring a criminal defense attorney. Making this decision can be overwhelming. Below are some important characteristics to look for during your attorney selection process:
- Understanding. An effective Central Valley criminal defense attorney should be understanding and empathetic to the stressful and emotional impact the criminal charges will no doubt have on you and your loved ones. The attorney should respect your reputation, have concern for your safety, and ensure they take all steps possible to minimize public exposure during the court process.
- Consideration & Preparation. An experienced criminal defense attorney should carefully consider the facts giving rise to the factual allegations against you. They should properly investigate the facts and consider all possible defenses.
- Experience. Experience is an essential attribute for an effective criminal defense attorney. Without experience in handling cases similar in fact pattern to yours, your lawyer cannot put together the best defense. Experience allows a criminal attorney to be able to:
- Provide sound legal advice
- Defense the case with confidence and quality advocacy in court
- Understand what evidence can and cannot be used at trial by the prosecution
- Know which defenses are necessary and when to raise them
Call an Experienced Central Valley Criminal Defense Attorney
If you or someone you know has been charged with a crime in the Central Valley and is seeking an expungement of your conviction record, it is in your best interest to immediately consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney to help you learn your legal rights and options.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with Central Valley criminal defense attorney Gurjit Srai, please call (209) 323-5558 or complete our online form.