Approximately 2.1 million people get married in the United States every year. This is a happy occasion that calls for champagne since marriage is a symbol of having found your soul mate and happiness. Unfortunately, there is also a dark side. Approximately 40 percent, or nearly 814,000, marriages end in divorce every year.
There are many reasons married couples get divorced. Whatever reason ended your marriage, it is imperative that you consult with and hire an experienced and compassionate divorce attorney to help during your divorce proceeding. Spending the money to hire a Central Valley lawyer can actually end up saving you money.
How a Divorce Attorney Can Help
If you are going through a divorce or just starting the process, the last thing you may want to think about is dealing with an attorney. However, hiring a good divorce lawyer may be the smartest step to take in making sure the process runs smoothly, quickly, and fairly. Below are some reasons why an attorney may help:
- Liabilities. Most people going through a divorce do not fully understand their liabilities. An attorney who specializes in divorces can explain your liabilities and how they relate to the divorce process.
- Assets. A divorce court has the power to freeze any asset that is considered marital property (property that is acquired during the marriage). This is an important step because it can stop your spouse from selling or moving assets that may be half yours. An experienced divorce attorney can make sure that all assets remain in the marriage until they are fairly rearranged to the parties.
- Empathy. Getting a divorce is often a stressful experience. A compassionate divorce attorney in the Central Valley area can provide you the empathy you need to get through the daunting proceeding. Your attorney can give you good advice that can protect your financial security and personal interests.
- Children. Divorces can be even more stressful if you have children. You will most likely have to deal with custody and child support. Your divorce attorney can explain the different types of custody agreements available and help you decide which one is best suited for your specific needs.
- Complications. Some divorces are quick and simple. But others can be complicated and drawn out. More complicated divorces often involve many complexities that take Central Valley divorce attorneys many years to understand and implement. Without a knowledgeable attorney on your side, you may be overwhelmed and overpowered during your divorce.
Call an Experienced Central Valley Divorce Attorney
If you are going through a divorce or are planning to file for divorce in the near future, you need to hire an experienced divorce attorney to help protect your legal rights and make sure this already traumatic experience proceeds as smoothly and painlessly as possible.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with Central Valley divorce attorney Gurjit Srai, please call us at (209) 323-5558 or (559) 449-1447, or complete our online form.Please Share This: