Mr. Srai diligently and effectively represents clients through the conclusion of their legal matters. He is a passionate advocate who uses his experience and negotiation skills to ensure that all of his client’s needs are met. Mr. Srai is well versed in the field of criminal law through his experience at the District Attorney’s Office and his work at a local firm. Mr. Srai recognizes that each criminal case poses unique challenges; his experience allows him to competently and effectively research each case and thereby counsel his clients about the possible outcomes of their case. Mr. Srai has attended and advocated for clients in numerous family law court hearings which involved issues ranging from child custody, child support, spousal support, and community property. Further, Mr. Srai has extensive experience in consumer bankruptcy; from client intake until final discharge including attending countless 341 debtor/creditor meetings.
At the Srai Law Office, P.C, we pay attention to each client and their specific needs. Our attorney promptly communicates with all of our clients and counsels them regarding all of the possible outcomes of their case.
Gurjit Singh Srai has been an active resident of San Joaquin County for the past decade. After attending a local high school, Mr. Srai attended The University of California Riverside where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics/ Law and Society. Subsequently, Mr. Srai graduated from Chapman University School of Law, where he received CALI Legal Excellence Awards in Legal Research and Writing, Civil Procedure, and Professional Responsibility. He was also staff editor for Chapman Journal of Criminal Justice. Mr. Srai worked with the San Joaquin County District Attorney’s Office and after passing the California State Bar Exam, he worked for a local bankruptcy and family law firm.
Mr. Srai is fluent in English and Punjabi.
PROFESSIONAL & BAR ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIPS
- National Consumer Bankruptcy Association
- California Public Defender’s Association
- San Joaquin County Bar Association
- California DUI Lawyers Association
- Conducted Sikhs and Law Seminar for San Joaquin Bar Association
SEMINARS ATTENDED BY MR. SRAI
- 2nd Annual Two-Day DUI Defense Practice Institute- June 2010
- Defending Gang Cases July 2010
- Sacramento Valley Bankruptcy Seminar August 2010
- Ensuring Immigration Competence: After Padilla v. Kentucky – August 2010
- Third Annual Two- Day DUI Defense Practice Institute – June 2011
- 40th Annual Basic Skills Institute – July 2011
- Sacramento Valley Bankruptcy Seminar July 2011
- Cross -Examination Skills Seminar- October 2011
- DUI Defense Seminar in San Francisco March 2013
- 2013 All Day Kuwatch DUI Seminar
- 2013 Cutting Edge Back to Basics