Bicycles are increasingly becoming more prevalent on the road, both as a mode of transportation and for exercise. However, just like driving a car, riding a bicycle can come with many dangers, including serious crashes.
Although you may not be able to completely avoid all dangers when riding your bicycle, your ride can be much safer if you follow some simple safety rules.
Important Bicycle Tips To Remember
Below are five important tips you should consider when bicycling:
- Purchase the right bicycle. There are many options when it comes to buying a bicycle. You can buy a hybrid, touring or a road bike. If you are more interested in combining your transit and bicycling commute, you may need a multimodal bicycle, such as ones that fold. It is best to do your research and determine what type of bicycle best suits your needs.
- Organize your belongings before riding. Safely pack your belongings away to prevent any interference during your ride. You should either store your stuff in a basket attached to your bike or put them in a backpack.
- Use safety gear. Bicycles, unlike cars, do not have safety features, such as airbags and seatbelts, to protect you in an accident. This makes it very important to use safety gear, such as a properly fitted helmet, while riding your bike.
- Use technology to your advantage. You can download applications on your cell phone that provide safe bike routes, among other helpful features.
- Follow the rules of the road. Just like driving, bicyclists are expected to follow the rules of the road the same way motorists do. These rules are designed for the safety and wellbeing of everyone sharing the road – regardless of whether they are in motor vehicle or on bicycles.
Even if you follow these safety tips, you may still get injured in an accident. In such cases, it is best to hire an experienced attorney to protect your legal rights and help you obtain the full compensation that you deserve.
Contact an Experienced Stockton Accident Attorney
If you or a loved has been injured in a car accident caused by the negligence of another party, you should discuss your legal options with an attorney as you may be entitled to compensation.
The Stockton car accident attorneys at the Srai Law Offices advocate for their clients’ full financial recovery through hard work and an aggressive approach. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call (209) 323-5558.