According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), nationwide, law enforcement made an estimated 11,302,102 arrests in 2013. Of these arrests, 480,360 were for violent crimes, and 1,599,284 were for property crimes. However, formal charges were not filed for all of these arrests. A criminal conviction can result in serious penalties and consequences that may significantly impact all aspects of your life and the lives of your loved ones. It may affect your ability to seek meaningful employment, successfully apply for credit cards, or even get approved for a real estate loan.
There may be many legal matters that you can handle on your own, such as fighting parking or speeding tickets and going to small claims court. However, there are other legal situations where you should definitely consult with an experienced attorney. Criminal proceedings is prominent example that necessitates the expertise of a criminal defense attorney. If you or a loved one is facing even the possibility of criminal charges, it is best to immediately consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney in Fresno.
The Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Hire a Criminal Defense Attorney
The sooner you hire a criminal defense attorney, the more likely that you will be able to avoid jail time. Below are 5 reasons why you should hire a criminal defense attorney at the first sign of trouble:
- Criminal defense attorneys have a better understanding of the law. An attorney who specifically focuses his practice on criminal defense has invested years studying and practicing laws specific to this legal field and is better able to prepare for this battle than you.
- Criminal defense attorneys are better able to examine the prosecution’s evidence. What most people don’t realize is that there are often loop holes in the evidence presented by the prosecution. An experienced attorney can better recognize the weak point in the prosecution’s argument.
- Criminal defense attorneys will ensure all materials are timely filed. The legal system is laden with many different deadlines that must be met under all circumstances. An attorney has a better understanding of these deadlines.
- Criminal defense attorneys can help achieve alternative sentences. The prosecution may offer alternative sentences for some crimes, such as diversionary programs.
- Criminal defense attorney can help with decreasing the penalties.Even if your attorney is not be able to exonerate you of the charges, he may be able to at least reduce the resulting penalties and consequences associated with the charges against you.
Contact an Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney
To learn more about the importance of hiring a criminal defense attorney at the pre-filing level, you should call Fresno criminal defense attorney Gurjit Srai. Mr. Srai has the knowledge and experience to help dismiss your CDL DUI charges or at least reduce the resulting consequences.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our criminal defense attorneys, please call us at (209) 323-5558 or (559) 449-1447, or complete our online form.