Filing for divorce can be an emotionally straining and difficult time for most people. Having the right attorney by your side can significantly impact the outcome of your divorce and whether the proceeding pans out in your favor.
Looking for the right divorce attorney in the Central Valley can be a tiring process, but it is an important one. Rushing through finding the right lawyer to fight on your behalf is a mistake because it could mean the difference between a positive or negative outcome. As such, it is necessary to properly research your choices and actually meet with the attorney directly. Meeting a possible legal candidate provides you with the opportunity to ask detailed questions face-to-face.
Below are the ten most important questions to ask a divorce attorney:
- Do you focus only on divorces or are they only a part of your practice? Are you a family law specialist?
- What do you think the best strategy would be for my case and how long do you think the process will take?
- What do you consider an emergency and how long would it take for you to call me back in such a situation?
- Can I meet all everyone part of your legal staff that would be working on my case with you?
- How much do you charge? Would everyone who is part of your staff and working on my case be charging the same rate?
- What other costs should I expect? For example, do you anticipate me paying for private investigators, accountants, physicians, psychologists, etc.?
- What do you estimate is the total cost of this divorce?
- Would you allow me to directly negotiate with my spouse? Do you have any other suggestions to help me reduce the cost of my divorce?
- How do you predict a judge would rule my case, based on the facts you know so far?
- How can you help me understand the tax effect of my divorce proceeding?
Call an Experienced Central Valley Divorce Attorney
If you are going through a divorce or planning to file for divorce, it is important that you have a knowledgeable attorney fighting for your rights. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with a Central Valley divorce attorney, please call Gurjit Srai (209) 323-5558 or (559) 449-1447, or complete our online form.Please Share This: